Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Flatliners

 I forgot about this song. I think I even remember the chords. I ought to record it. I won't record it.


 

I found amusement in a million ways when I was sixteen

In lager frenzy with a fire in my gut and my eyes flashing

Perfectly balanced with a chip upon each shoulder

We could be this way forever, never gonna lose this power

If we kick against the pricks and posers, everything we do will hit the headlines

 

Killing braincells was my favourite game when I was eighteen

A blackened angel with a mind like a gun and my heart crackling

Perfectly happy turning tricks with a gee-tar

And if we stick together, nothing gonna put us under

If we fuck and drink and sing and holler, everything we do will hit the headlines

 

Bridge: I won't let go of this fever

So now I'm back for more

Your world will be mine

Chorus: till I flatline

 

((Bvox: I lost my balance today))

            ((When things go wrong, all we do is blame each other))

 

White Line Fever was my favourite song when I was twenty

A wasteland preacher, I could never be wrong if I stayed angry

Perfectly sober with a hotline to the answers

If we swear and shout and sneer we can harness all this thunder

If we play this right tonight, tomorrow everything we do will hit the headlines

 

I'm screaming louder every day, but no-one's listening

I can't go gentle cos I know all my words have forked no lightning

My nerves have gone, nobody wants a toothless tiger,

The wage of sin is boredom, there's no point in a tin soldier

(But) now I'm back, don't give a fuck if what I do or say will ever hit the headlines

 

Bridge2: Time's flowing like lava

My life's burning away

Without headlines

 

No comments:

Post a Comment