Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 10 October 2019

I wish I did have a black dog to pet


It’s as boring as hearing about
Someone’s fucking dream
But I’m afraid I’ve got it again
And the clock ticks scream
And I’m shelled and without
Myself; life seeps, droops, flops.

And I don’t mean to bore you
But I’m not swimming today
I’ve cramped up. Dirty, glued
And grunting, grimy, dismayed
And Zeus knows that I know
I could be, should be, won’t be.

Please don’t try to solve me.
I don’t need more fixing.
I don’t want you to absolve me
From this, or anything
Else; I’m not even lonely
Here today, but away, but away.

I’m here. I know I am, and I
Still don’t understand
Can’t fathom out just why
Through all that I’ve done
I’m the one to survive
Myself; question, suggestion, mission?

So, then. I know it’s boring
To listen to anyone
Who on paper has nothing
To make them so down.
I’ve been here quite long
Now. Earth to birth to earth.

There are words for it all
But they’re in the wrong place.
They’re astray, awry. Cold
Tentacles whose heavy embrace
Keeps me rooted, dull,
Sitting, sitting, sitting, sitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment