Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 30 January 2014

Sight for sore eyes (a love song) (2008)

Written for my Art Brut franchise band, Art Brut 53310761

(*C maj)                                                C             (fmaj/c)
When a man comes home
                        fmaj
From his working day
c
With a heart that’s crying softly
            (fmaj)              G / G7
For the ghosts of yesterday

(c )                               C
When the soulshot world
                        Fmaj – am7
Shrugs and turns again
                        C / Cmin
There’s a shiver of surrender
            G                                 (cmaj)
Hidden in the whisky’s flames


chorrrus
            C – F -C
But youuuuuuuuu
                                    C – F -C
You’re a sight for sore eyes

Since I metcha off the train
                                                G / G7
I’ve been feeling twelve foot high
                        C – F -C
And youuuuuu
                        Fmaj - Amin
You’re a sight for sore eyes
            C                                             G – G7                                    C(7) – F(maj7) - C
Gonna pin you to the floor and stick me head between yer thighs


When I sit alone
And the sky scums black
And I’m smoking my gormless way
To a heart attack

Cause there’s something wrong
All my hope has gone
Through these years of treading quicksand
With a bruised and broken back


But youuuuuuuuu
You’re a sight for sore eyes
Gonna love you more tomorrow
Than I loved you yesterday
And youuuuuu
Hope you don’t think I’m bad
Cause when you went down on me I was thinking of your dad

And youuu
Hope you don’t think it’s queer
Gonna wait till you’re asleep
Then I’m gonna wank into your ear

And youuuu
Hope you don’t think it’s wrong
You know I’d marry you tomorrow

If you weren’t such a fucking mong

No comments:

Post a Comment