Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Sunday, 9 August 2026

un-anticulturalism

Last year I did a book called Anticulturalist Manifesto. I am proud of it and think it looks badass with the white text on black pages.

So the thing is that it’s quite nihilstic, or rather deliberately self-contradictory and aggressively self-centered. All about identity and essentially Killing Your Reader cause your intent is in fact all that matters. 

I even put a challenge in there for anyone who wanted to, to remix and republish it how they desired - because the idea of things belonging to any one person or even one book is obsolete.

It just occurred to me that the whole project came out with no context at all (and this was deliberate) so it is as it appears and my name’s on it.

It's an observation piece not a personal manifesto, tho, like a critique of where we are right now with Trumpism, the Manosphere, late capitalism and whatnot. 

I never LIKED the ideas of it though. I hate the world of Alternative Facts and Fake News. I cannot abide self-centered wankers and particularly those at the very top of politics. They are fully paid up members I would say of this Anticulturalist way of thinking, because the only truth that matters (according to them) is their own. Nobody else’s counts.

That’s not what I believe or how I live my life and I wonder if anyone read it and thought: eeh he’s a bit of a cunt int he. What a prick.

I mean not MANY have read it so I guess it’s all moot.

No comments:

Post a Comment