Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Sunday 7 March 2021

The Beauty of Futility, and Vice Versa

I have spent a calendar year picking up other people's discarded shopping lists, photographing them, and then transcribing them verbatim.

When I started, I didn't quite know what the point of it would be, and I am happy to say that throughout the process I have learned nothing of any note. 

It is beautiful in its futility, and vice versa. 

And that, friends, is as close to a meaning of life as I think I'll ever get.


2 comments:

  1. Next stage is to spend the next year using the lists to do your own shopping on the relevant anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have kept them all to do a ceremonial burning of them or summat

    I did think I could keep my own ones next but I can't be bothered. It's too much like it's got any kind of significance to do anything else with the idea.

    ReplyDelete