Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 18 February 2021

I miss the ritual of it all

 

It’s the ritual that I miss. So many steps. 

1. Where you live is important because:

  • you have to have a local shop that sells iffy under-the-counter imported baccy
  • you have to know people that know people that tell you which shop does this
  • you have to have friends who know these people or are these people
  • often the same friends are the ones who know people that sell strictly under-the-radar weed
  • and you’d get an introduction or just give them some cash to sort you out

 

2. Once you’ve got all that sorted then:

  • you can go to their house or yours and someone will have rolling papers
  • maybe a rolling machine
  • you need to know people that know you well enough when you skin up and it’s absolutely rubbish
  • like the number one album-producer who kept one of your mouse-sized pieces of rubbish for posterity
  • someone always will and then it all gets passed around
  • and that is the ritual I miss the most
  • all the adventure to get to this point where friends are messing about
  • the joint of togetherness

 

3. I never really liked the new mega-strong skunk because:

  • in the old days, I mean the ancient days, homegrown grass was a joke
  • you’d be gutted if that was all anyone had when you wanted some diesel hash
  • or rocky, or slate, or something mellow and light
  • but the skunk. Woof.
  • it stinks and it stinks
  • it smells, but it stinks
  • because skunk knocks you out
  • trippy and glued to the chair
  • entirely unaware of anything else really
  • staring at each other glassy-eyed and reddened and completely devoid of thought

 

4. I hate that feeling. It has broken the idea:

  • Skunk so potent and powerful that it is easier to skin up one for each person.
  • There is no passing around, just passing out.
  • Ah, but it’s a long time ago now.
  • There’s a full stop and punctuation about me now.
  • And I don’t care to deliberately lose it.
  • But I miss the ritual. 
  • And I miss my friends. 
  • I miss those that are still around. 
  • And.
  • I miss those that are never coming back.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment