Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 18 February 2021

One Forgotten Midnight

I miss you.

I think you probably haven’t thought.

Of me.

For a long time.

But when I saw you in my dream.

It was lovely.

You always were.

And we laughed.

We were together on holiday.

With families.

Parents.

Our parents.

And over a meal we talked about.

S - E - X.

And we laughed.

Me and you.

 

Once upon a multiverse.

Maybe.

Maybe this happened.

Is happening.

 

And for all the clichés that arise.

My heart is heavy this morning.

I doubt I’ll hold you again.

Or you me.

And that’s life and that’s how it always must be.

 

Decades pass but one dream can bring it all back.

Imagine that.

I hope one time you imagined that.

But it’s not for me to ask.

 

And - maybe.

You know.

You know that I miss you.

And even if you missed me back.

Just for one moment of one dream one forgotten midnight.

Our Universe would right itself again.

 

The love that comes from us finds its place.

And when it leaves it grows again.

I hope it lands where it is most needed.

I set it free. But it is not finished with me.

And that.

Is a burden and a gift and a joy and a poison.

All those clichés too.

Because.

All the spins of the earth don’t matter.

It turns anyway.

And somewhere.

Somewhen.

A boy and a girl.

Just like me.

And you.

Kiss for the first and forever time.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment