Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Rot Away Beach (song for Zombie Musical)

Well
The last time an angel fell to Earth
Mrs Gladys Presley gave him birth
In life that boy felt all alone
Now he’s dead, he’s jamming with Johnny Ramone
And they’re on the bill tonight
At Rot Away Beach

Little Robbie Johnson sold me his soul
And I gave him the secret of rock and roll
He burnt out slick, he burnt out fast
He’ll never die, he’s coming back
Tonight for one last set
At Rot Away Beach

The Mariner stops one in three
With dreadful sigh, and slovenly
An albatross around his neck
Eternally cursed to rime his dreck
On the laudanum poet stage
At Rot Away Beach

Compere for the whole shebang
Is good ol’ JC, the son of man
So, atheist or true believer
One thing’s sure: you’ll never leave here
Are you ready to die on down
To Rot Away Beach?

Rap:
I’m J to the E to the Sus to the C, the dopest motherfucker that walked on the sea
Give me a loaf and a couple of fish and I’ll boost them for dinner after burnin this spliff BOOM
Cruisin in Gethsemane with my motherfuckin crew, blazin up in Nazareth with the gentiles and the Jews
My homeboys all around me, yeah twelve an true, yo Judas hang tight I got my eye on you

Talkin to the big man in the castle in the sky, he gonna send me an Uzi when I fight the holy fight
I hear your shitty prayers “Oh Lord we do beseech thee,” b-b- back up before you get smacked up, fool, I’m just a-smoking with my homeys (uh-oh)
Don’t fuck with me, I ain’t bringing peace, I’m gonna divide you each from each
Father gainst Son gainst mother gainst daughter, in a mess of righteous pain and full-fat slaughter
I bring fire to the earth BOOM fire to the earth BOOM I bring fire to the earth BOOM That shit ain’t in no psalms an I say
Yo Lazarus
 pick up your bed
 and
Dance motherfucker, dance dance motherfucker, dance motherfucker, dance dance motherfucker
We going to Rotaway beach

Rot rot, Rot Away beach
Rot, rot, Rot Away beach (rpt to fade)



No comments:

Post a Comment