Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Drab wor(l)ds


Don’t read all about it
Not in the newspapers
Well
You can’t trust them anyway

Don’t read the reports
Or the fact checking sites
Nobody
Really knows what’s going to happen

Don’t read any books
No history or analysis
Cause
That’s a waste of time isn’t it

I used to think that thinking
And considering
And trying
Was worth doing
But now I think I’m bleeding
And shivering
And dying
Cause what I am needing

Is not in the papers
Is not online
Is not in books

You know these days I prefer being asleep
Cause sometimes there I can fly
Like in the novels I used to read
About space adventurers and mad-haired inventors
And all those comics and magazines
Which had shiny robots and moon holidays
And talking animals and fun computers
That beeped and booped and said that the future
Would be
Well.

I shouldn’t have read about it
Those comical capers
Did
Lead me far astray

And I wish I was back there
I spose I’m not alone
But
Don’t watch the vox-pops or the news

Because there are no books
To describe the paralysis
Caused
And perpetuated by fuckwits.

Don't read all about it.

Just don't read ever.

If I had my time again
I'd poke my fucking eyes out
Before the possibility of learning
Or trying
Even loomed in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment