Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Monday 13 September 2021

V

If you'd not been in Bristol and not Wrexham

and if Dave had been up for it

then well who knows

Vinyl Erasers' claim to fame was one song 

played over and over and over on cassette

at Planet X in Liverpool.


And cause I was knocking about in Bangor

and had proximity to your bass

that shitty Marlin Sidewinder

Vaffan Coulo became my band or at least

the band I was in because you weren't there

and Dave didn't fancy it.


It doesn't seem like much, I know. But it is.

If I look back, and I do look back, then I see

the direct line from here to there

via everywhere else and the books and the degree

and the bands and all of that.


If you'd been in Bangor not Bristol or Wrexham

or if Dave'd been up for it

then well who can say

I don't know where I would have been for all this time

but everything would have been completely different

in ways I can never know.


I wish I had that bass. I'd've got it set up properly for the first time

well, the first time ever.

That awful action was five miles high. It was a bugger to play

but now it's someone else's problem

lost in a hundred house moves and

various garages. Various memories. Various gigs.


So lost so easily so permanently.


No comments:

Post a Comment