Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 29 August 2019

280819


My friend once asked me:
“If money was no object,
What would you do?”
I thought for a moment.
“Hmm, good question,” I said.
“I’d bomb the fuck out the moon.”
I don’t think she expected that answer.
I don’t think I expected it either.

A headline in the paper:
“Another crisis at Mount Trashmore.
Why must this stench continue to grow?”
The next day, a letter:
“Let’s ship all our rubbish abroad
And throw it down the nearest volcano.”
I mean, obviously we printed that one.
I mean, that was a doozy. Amazing.

One of the cats has a cold.
“Atchoo,” he says, not unreasonably.
“Atchoo, atchoo, atchoo.” It’s cute really.
It would be weird, strange, absurd
Were that not to happen occasionally.
Odd things do take place here, certainly.
Most things are possible, like the Beatles said, though I prefer
Them when they’re being accidental philosophers.

I don’t care to waste words
When I’ve got so many unwritten
And better things to spend time doing.
But today everyone’s world
Burns and stinks with its own unbidden
And unnecessary self-shitting.
So let’s send the bombs to the moon.
Let’s throw things down volcanoes.
Let’s say all we need is love.
There’s nothing to lose anymore.
It’s already all fucked.
Isn’t it?


No comments:

Post a Comment