Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 21 March 2019

A Man Without A Team: A Man With Another Team, Technically

Here's what's been happening recently:

* Message boards have been infested with aggressive idiots demanding that people are judged now on what they were led to believe two years ago

* Same idiots are spreading rumours and disinformation about previous regimes

* The supporters' association has announced another EGM, with a view to asking whether they ought to a) stay as an independentish entity from BCFC as it is, or b) look into starting another club from scratch

* The same wrongheaded nonsense about 'how will you fund it'/'your six quid is a drop in the ocean to the regime, so your boycott is of no value'/'you are all sat in bedsits wanking off' is being perpetuated. I assume that the same Twitter handle that I swiftly blocked is still doing the same. I'm too tired of this shit to really check.

So, as well as not engaging in social media spats I think I might well stop posting entirely. What's the point? There is no actual debate to be had when people have already made up their minds. Based on lies, based on 'opinions' and based on fuck all aside from ego-tripping arseholery.

Now then. I assume that previous paragraph could be invoked by regime supporters, too. They would of course be entirely wrong to do so: the facts are obvious for all to see, including this from the auditors.

What happens from this point onward is fairly moot. But the underlying cause of all the problems is this:

* The incoming regime, three years ago or whatever, only needed to keep SVS out of the picture and also ensure that the books were signed off by accountants. That is literally the two things they needed to do, bottom line, even if SVJ did become involved as a director of football. He is actually quite good at that. 

Hypothetically, if they had had the wit about them to ensure the books were (or even appeared to be) squeaky-clean, then Bangor City would not have been relegated, but been in Europe with an excellent chance of getting through at least one round with that excellent team they had. That would be about 500k and upwards coming back into the coffers, clean as you like, and available to pay back loans and/or perpetuate the success.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to not realise this?

Well, all that shit is just an old argument anyway. Fuck it all, fuck them all to hell.

It was a revelation to me this week when I remembered that, technically, though born in Bangor I spent my first year and a bit living in Bethesda. So, really, I have a hometown side that I can turn to if needs be. I like Pesda a lot. It's grey and slatey and purple and pisses it down, of course, but there's a fucking ace cafe there and the footy ground always looked pretty to me

It could be a new Farrar Road, really. 

Well, so be it. I couldn't do it anyway. It's not really my team, my club, my heart. I think you only really get one of those per lifetime. Over to John Lennon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment