Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Thursday 16 August 2018

A Man Without A Team: Week 2

Too excited to wait to post - my Bangor Comrades 1919 shirt just came in the post.

This is a replica shirt of a forerunner to Bangor City; the comrades are the fans, the people, the ones who will mostly only go now to away games. It is outselling the official replica by miles (though to be fair, the official shirts aren't in stock yet). The small profit on each shirt is going to a local mental health charity, too. I mean, this really is what we are about. I am proud to be part of it.

This is my club. No team yet, but a club, or maybe the very first green shoots toward one.


The tagline on the badge reads Hanes a balchder (History and pride).

Now tell me that's not fucking cool and I'll eat my own dinner.

Some home-printed stickers arrived with it with ace slogans:

We Built Our Past, We'll Build Our Future

Match, Mates, Moider

It is a package of hope through the post. If and when it all goes tits up, we will indeed be here, and we can do fucking awesome stuff like this.

Meanwhile my former club beat Ruthin 2-1 away, in an earlyish evening kick off cause the hosts didn't have floodlights, or ones that weren't good enough at least. The club said 'it is a hard place to go.'

I mean, fuck off. Just fuck off.

 It's bad enough that our reserves used to play most of the teams in the LoW - this is just taking the piss. We should be in Europe, remember, and going for the league title with an exciting young team and great young manager/s.

Tough place to go. Haha. Fucking hell.

Bollocks.

Their next game is away at Guilsfeld on Saturday. I'm working so can't go. I might have considered it otherwise. But I'm not that arsed either.

There are a few lads - comrades at that - who are still going to the home games. They go to support the players and the shirt. I fully support their decision. They're walking their own path, which is up to them. They're comrades too - some of the best, in fact. There won't be a schism there. It's a personal decision. When things get tough, as they will, we'll be here standing together to secure a future.

There are some supporters that are still taken in by the bluster and lies of the board, though. They've reconciled themselves to it, somehow. I spose it's like those people who vote Tory and don't tell anyone about it isn't it. It's cognitive dissonance at its worst, that is. And this is going to be a problem at some stage.

Maybe already it is: legitimising the regime. Well, when it all goes to shit who will be there to pick up the pieces?

Comrades forever.

We're Bangor Comrades and we rock and roll.

1 comment: