Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Monday 20 August 2018

A Man Without A Team, supplemental

...as the captain always says in Star Trek when there's stuff to add. Also I can see a big spider.

Apart from that, my old team beat a team we should beat all day and all night, by three goals to one.

There's a scene in Pulp Fiction where Butch, played by Bruce Willis in one of his glowery-pouty hard-man roles - a boxer this time, jumps out of the window into a waiting taxi. He's running for his life cause he's double-crossed a gangster by winning a bout he was supposed to throw, and therefore losing the gangster a load of money on the fix.

Butch catches the eye of the driver, Esmerelda, who had been listening to the fight on the radio.

"What does it feel like?" she asks Butch, "Beating a man to death with your bare hands?"

Butch considers this. He smokes a cigarette, processing the news that his opponent, Floyd, has died.

After a while he gives his reply:

"I couldn’t tell ya. I didn’t know he was dead ’til you told me he was dead. Now I know he’s dead, do you wanna know how I feel about it?"

"I don’t feel the least bit bad about it."

The question is whether as a man who has had his club ripped from him I want to be Butch, or whether I am Floyd, or whether the double-cross is on.

And who the gangsters are, and what their motivation might be.

It's a great movie, anyway. And the spider is now reaching the ceiling, out of the way of the cats. They eat spiders, in general. Which is a bit annoying, because the spiders eat the flies. The flies are fucking annoying, and make me feel unhygienic when they appear from time to time.

Probably there's a lesson there too. Who knows.

Stardate 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.01

No comments:

Post a Comment