Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Sunday 12 February 2023

Oh God, Moving Fucking House Again

I’m not gonna say much but

where did all this

stuff

come from? Seriously?


A house can hold way more things than you could imagine.

Taking it all out of cupboards and whacking it in boxes makes the room shrink.

It’s ridiculous. Never move house if you can help it.

I wish I could do what they do in America and

lift the whole kaboodle up from its foundations

whack the entire house – the actual house itself -

on the back of a humungous lorry,

and drive that down the road to the new place.

Plonk it down again where we’re gonna be

And BOSH.


I suppose that you’d have to

put quite a lot of

stuff

in boxes, regardless, wouldn’t you?


Stuff breaks and then it’s not even useful stuff.

When it’s only a bit broken, like maybe a cup with a chip on the rim or a plate with a little crack, should I throw it away? Could anyone use it? I don’t think charity would take it.

Do I go to the tip with it? Doesn’t that seem wasteful?

Is it worse to wrap it up and bring it so it can sit in the new place?

Is there such a thing as emergency crockery? The stuff at the back of the cupboard.

Some of it’s been there for four houses or more.

Sitting there, waiting for its moment.

I doubt that moment will come. So we should get rid.

But what if…?


What if, nothing. I’d happily pay someone

to chuck all this

stuff

in a skip, and start again. Environmental vandal. Scandalous.

No comments:

Post a Comment