Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Friday 3 December 2021

I Am Whittling At Something

 

I am whittling at something

That might not be there

Knife blade blunt grim

Sharpening air.


I am searching for something

Which likely has gone

Soot smear horizon

Dementedly hung.


My body feels something

I cannot define

Slug blood trail whorls

Directionless slime.


I want a time signature.

I want a key change:

On this anacrusis

I totter and wait.


I wait and I totter

On my anacrusis.

I hate this key change.

I want the old figure.


Directionless mind,

Slow blood, sluggish mule;

I cannot define

This new way of living.


But it has begun

Beyond some horizon

A ragged, sick sun

Coughs broken, de-shining.


I sharpen the air

I steel on each breath

I hang on somewhere

Without understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment