Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Sunday 15 August 2021

C

 

I tried, really tried, to talk to Christ who had conquered death.

It was a bit selfish of Him not to share the trick. But He remained silent.


Consolation, comfort, all that craic.


I wanted to ask Him what the big deal was anyway. Why bother

saving us from our sins? Redeeming us? To what end? Heaven?


Crass cravings, at best, cock.


What’s the point, I wanted to know, of Earth and life? You know,

Heaven being the ultimate goal. Why not cut out the middleman?


Course, so far, no contact.


I know it’s a cliché but fair play to Him, crucifixion is a terrible way to go.

I mean, it’s a crowdpleaser and a pretty dramatic tactic, I confess.


Confess? I take my own fall.


I wanted Christ to tell me that the death of a good man must be celebrated,

because that man has taken his place in eternal bliss, for evermore, and all that...


...Christ alive it’s total bullcrap isn't it. An insult.


Never mind your so-called eternal bliss, mate, we’re fucking crying here and now.




Nope, still nowt.

Oh well. 

Cheers now, mind how you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment