Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Saturday 14 August 2021

B

There is an alpha et of missing letters lurking in my head.


May e   y the time I get to Z I will process that he’s.



 ut I can’t make that rhyme,

Certainly not yet:



There is too much missing. And I know, and I’ve said


it myself: it’s OK and natural to  e  ereft -



 ut I don’t think I  elieve my

Unrelia le  reath.



And the guilt of that is poison  uilt on longing left to rot.


A centre fails; a structure crum les, anchors dust and lost,



 ut may e time will race itself;

 Could I place one final  et?



 ecause linguists point to history: in any alpha et


Letters are  orn, and letters die, and language keeps its strength.



I must complete my sentence:

 lood  urn and  oil red.





No comments:

Post a Comment