Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Tuesday 28 January 2020

It's all so fucking arbitrary isn't it


I don’t expect it matters too much but now I’m starting to mark dates on the calendar as absences and losses. Nobody was ever immortal, we just felt we were and knew we were. And at that moment we were right. But only in that moment.

Social media brings up photos of these times again and again and suddenly it’s 1 year ago 2 years 10 years and nobody is coming back are they. And yet it feels nice to revisit the frolicking in the ocean, the gawping at massive-titted mannequins, the snapshots of and in life. Maybe bittersweet is a better word.

I’ve got to go to work now and rehearse my writers’ group for their/our live event on Saturday. I think that matters, maybe not too much, but for us all it’s another moment and always will be. I hope. And that hope is really the important thing. I only understood this when I found myself still here arbitrarily and trying to unpack my guilt. Unwarranted. 

Turn on, tune in. And crack the fuck on with having some creativity and fun in your life, cause in 1 year 2 years 10 years – ach.

No comments:

Post a Comment