Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Saturday 20 July 2019

1876 - 2: Morning


Let’s be honest here.
The result isn’t important
Today, even less so today than usual.
On the pitch, I mean.

O Glorious Day of drizzle and hope.

I wonder, what will be my new lucky pants? My new lucky rituals? My…
Well. Those aren’t important either.
I’m looking at my newest-framed piece of beauty on the wall and it says:
One share - in my name – and the date is today’s date.
20th July, 2019.

And, so nearly, we’re there.
At 3pm today, seven hours away,
We get our club back.
I’ve been awake since 5ish.
I kept waking and smiling.

O Fabulous Day. Excitement and nerves.

I wonder who will be there. Family, yes, friends, yes, comrades, well, obviously aye.
A hundred? Double that? Is that important?
Maybe it is. Travelling together or separately to arrive with the same goals:
To share – to cheer the team – moiderers all, and all nearly-lost.
Til today.

Being honest,
We could lose by a few goals;
They’ve been together for years.
Us? Weeks. On the pitch, that is.
Off it? Eons. Hundreds of years
And thousands of games between us.
There are many different kinds of goals of course,
And the trick is to play for the right ones.

And.
Well.
I mean, as we’re being honest,
You know I said the result wasn’t important?
I lied.
Course it fucking is.
It always fucking is.

And a-one-and-a-two-and-a-threee-and-

There’s only one way of life
And that’s fan-owned
Fan-owned
Fan-owned

O I WE R BANGOR I

No comments:

Post a Comment