Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Friday 8 May 2015

Confession.

Reasons and excuses and reasons to drink at home

  • ·         I am celebrating Bangor City winning

  • ·         I am drowning my sorrows after Bangor City lost again

  • ·         Suzy has come back from Liverpool

  • ·         Suzy has gone to Liverpool

  • ·         I am bored

  • ·         There is really good TV on tonight

  • ·         There is nothing good on TV tonight

  • ·         I really, really want a cold beer

  • ·         It would be a shame not to pair this meal with a nice robust red / delicate fruity white

  • ·         I feel ill and am morose

  • ·         I feel great and light

  • ·         I have a cold and want to kill it

  • ·         I am nostalgic for Cayman and a rum and coke will help me get back there

  • ·         I have come back from a long journey and I drank on the way home

  • ·         I can’t afford to go out drinking properly

  • ·         I am feeling very empty of everything

  • ·         My brain won’t switch off and I want to shut it the fuck up

  • ·         I need to send myself to sleep

  • ·         It is my birthday or Christmas or some other occasion

  • ·         Asda has an end of line deal on ___________

  • ·         I had some left from last night so might as well finish it off and buy more to make sure it works properly

  • ·         I feel angry and want to hide away and blank it all out

  • ·         I hate the government

  • ·         I can’t reconcile my disgust at the world with my laziness in doing nothing about it

  • ·         I am not where I want to be

  • ·         I am not who I want to be

  • ·         I feel tearful and I want to make myself cry at nature programmes / sappy soppy family show / romance / cartoons

  • ·         I have had a really busy week

  • ·         I have a busy week coming up and I am nervous

  • ·         I am invulnerable to disease

  • ·         I am worried about my health

  • ·         I am scared that my family will one day die

  • ·         I do not want to think about mortality

  • ·         I do not want to think about the future

  • ·         Suzy is stressed

  • ·         I am stressed

  • ·         Hell’s Kitchen is on tonight

  • ·         I don’t want to grow up

  • ·         I always wanted to be a drunken flawed genius and it is easy to achieve the drunken part

  • ·         I love the feeling of being woozy and comforted by the booze blanket

  • ·         It will give me strange dreams

  • ·         It will give me a hangover which knocks out all my filters so I can produce leftfield insightful writing in the morning cause I don’t give a fuck

  • ·         I am lonely

  • ·         I did not ask to be born and I am still struggling with my consciousness

  • ·         I feel guilty that I do not appreciate life in the way I think I sometimes should

  • ·         Everyone else on this TV show is drinking and I feel left out

  • ·         I’ve had a shitty day

  • ·         Elections

  • ·         Wales fail to qualify

  • ·         I don’t know how it got there but there is a glass of wine in my hand

  • ·         Middle class guilt

  • ·         Everything else

No comments:

Post a Comment