Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Monday 3 February 2014

Marionettes (2013)

Song lyrics


Spinning like marionettes
Reeling and oozing and falling into whatever’s next
This gormless passivity
Is not sitting well with me
Is this some kind of hex
Gotta tell you I’m vexed

Tell me your secrets, you know, but just if you want
It doesn’t matter, you know it, you know, if you don’t
Cause I’ve got nothing I can say
To bring back yesterday’s belief
In tomorrow’s hopes

They say it’s the way you that play it, and not how you win
With the journey itself more important than where you begin
These matchbox philosophies
Just don’t do that much for me
But I never asked anyone else to atone for my sins

And this is what I wanted all along
The time to explore in myself
But nobody ever told me down the line
You can't run from yourself
ah nah nah

Spinning the roulette wheel
I’ve  got til the ball stops to work out what’s right and what’s real


Whilst there’s beauty around
It’s too often underground
That’s a crass, brutish thing
So I drown me in gin
And they tighten my strings
And I watch the world spin

Spinning like marionettes
wild-eyed and weird and wired with wine and regrets
Though I’m fat, dirty with sin
There’s still somewhere left to fit in
Cause they ain’t got it yet
I still feel music left
And it’s not all smashed yet
And it’s not all smashed yet
There's still music left
Not all smashed
Yet



No comments:

Post a Comment