Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Saturday 8 July 2023

The Code

Neglected impossible cravings are sparking and spiking in me

Awry and implacable rantings and ravings are fighting in me

a jarring mass of garble

and there’s too many words

a multiplying mulch

A flashing of devilry spitting and grasping and biting at me

it’s never felt so good


A wrecking ball swinging and smashing its chaotic locus through me

Relentlessly rubbling, belligerently bubbling laughter at me

a callous rasp of triumph

accords its lousy rush

a disenchanting crash

A tumult of discordant snatches of melody jeering at me

a tongue-tip out of reach


I’m ever so careful to only make promises that I can keep

My sense of proportion is veiled in distortion so forgive my slip

a gremlin in the tower

the power lines are down

the traffic lanterns flash

A cascade of morally suspect delusions spews drivel at me

and I spew it right back


An unwanted presence, a juddering essence is spluttering in me

Push down on the pedal, recoil at the resulting stuttering beat

and no-one knows the keycode

is written in my bones

the one thing that I own

Distracting, contracting, a test tube reacting asks poison of me

or cadence or release


No comments:

Post a Comment