Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Tuesday 27 January 2015

These verses were created using only recycled words that have been used before by others

I visit the recycling bins
To clear myself from cluttering things
There’s three bins there for types of glass.
Clear, green, brown: all gonna smash.
Cardboard, plastic, paper, shoes,
Computers that’ve had their use,
Mobile phones and old paint tins
All in the recycling bins.

I wonder sometimes where it goes
This stuff that doesn’t decompose.
To furnaces to be re-fired
And use again as is required
Or sterilised and filled once more
Or shredded up and pulped before
A life as fertiliser, oh
I wonder sometimes where it goes

There was a hoo-ha here once,
A story that went on and on.
Some supermarket, went the drama,
Was plastic-wrapping its bananas.
The world’s gone bonkers, headlines cried,
The yellow bit protects inside.
The media felt it terribly wrong
The hoo-ha that was here once.

These days we’ve got those magic bins
They try and cover everything
There’s one for clothes, for batteries
For rubble and for Christmas Trees
But they don’t got one for my brain -
I’ll take that bastard home again -
My pickled kidney, knackered liver,
My bloodshot eyes, my nighttime shiver,
My off-beat heart, my aching limbs
Just don’t fit in the magic bins.
But when I die, I won’t be lost;
Bury me naked: Joe-compost

No comments:

Post a Comment