Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Robot symetry character

I had high hopes for this one but it didn't seem to hit the mark with the publishers who'd asked for ideas on spec. Bastards. Imagine these with suitable artwork to illustrate...


  1. I am SYM-R-3
King of symmetry
I am straight like a ruler
And shiny like a mirror
Question One is ace
Cut in half these shapes
Findthe line down the middle
And we will solve the riddle


  1. Half this square has gone
Please don’t get me wrong
We can put it back
Check the squares at the back
So if you can find
The straight dotted line
That is where I reside
With my mirrored side
(It is two across
And four down and then
Take the two back to
The dotted line again)


  1. On the planet Klong
Things are strange and wrong
Naughty robot A-SYM-3
Has messed up the gravity
So these three whole shapes
Have been torn in half
Can we use our sight
Can we make them right?
Then on planet Klong
We will sing a happy song


  1. The mayor of Klongtown
Tried to cut a tree down
But, oh no! Instead
He cut in two pieces his shed
We can draw it back
With our magic intact
But be sure to include
That tricky sloping roof!
(Remember to use the distance
Of the points from the line
Because that makes the difference
Every time!)


  1. Oh no, not again!
Just as it was on the mend
The naughty A-SYM-3
Has once more broken gravity!
These shapes are pretty spiky
So use the line of symmetry
To check which of their lines
Are mirrored on the other side
(Remember you can use me
As a mirror, to see!
So let’s get to it,
One... two...three...)


  1. I am SYM-R-3
King of symmetry
But my blocks of cheese
Are too big for me.
So what I need you to do
Is divide each into two
So I can freeze one half
In the land of Skaddleskarf
Where there’s ice and snow
And the polar robots go
In the planet of Klong
Where sometimes gravity goes wrong
And where we need your help
To divide things up for ourselves
I am SYM-R-3
Will you please help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment